If you have kidney, bladder, or other urologic health issues, we can help.
UPMC East urologists offer a range of services such as:
- Expert care for kidney stones and enlarged prostate glands.
- State-of-the-art treatments for prostate and urologic cancers.
- Consults for urologic cancers.
Make an Appointment for Urologic Care at UPMC East
Call 412-664-3392 or request an appointment online.
Doctors in the UPMC Department of Urology also conduct key research, adding to our knowledge about:
- Nutrition in relation to kidney stone formation.
- Prostate cancer.
Urology Services at UPMC East
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) for erectile dysfunction (ED) and kidney stones.
- General urologic consults and care.
- Simple and complex surgery for kidney stones.
- Surgery for renal cysts.
- Vasectomy and tubal litigation.
Urologic cancer consults
Urologic Conditions We Treat at UPMC East
Kidney Stone Treatments at UPMC East
Kidney stones are one of the most common disorders of the urinary tract. And one of the most painful.
In the U.S., nearly 1 million people suffer an attack of kidney stones every year.
UPMC East offers a thorough and precise diagnosis of kidney stones and a range of kidney stone treatments if needed. Most don't involve major surgery.
Kidney stone treatment options we offer include:
- ESWL to break kidney stones into small pieces.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy to remove kidney stones through a small incision in the back.
- Ureteroscopy to remove kidney stones using a small scope through the urethra and bladder to reach the stone.
Our Urologists at UPMC East