Wellness is a very personal and lifelong journey for every individual. The UPMC Western Wellness Program offers therapy services to support wellness for people at every stage of life — from children and adolescents to adults of every age.
You can find our experts at conveniently located specialty, primary care, and community-based practices near you. Telemedicine visits are also offered.
Services for Adults
Behavioral health therapists with the UPMC Western Wellness Program provide support for a wide range of wellness needs, including:
- Chronic illness.
- Depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Memory concerns.
- Relationship management.
- Serious medical problems.
- Sexuality and body image.
- Sleeping and tiredness.
- Stress management.
Our licensed behavioral health therapists provide comprehensive, evidence-based care. They are expert in cognitive behavioral therapy and other highly effective treatment options. With their support, you can learn how to integrate healthier thinking and behavior patterns into your daily life.
What to Expect:
- At your first appointment, the behavioral health therapist will ask questions about your current concerns.
- A personalized treatment plan is then created.
- In most cases, you will be asked to make regular return visits over a period of months. There is no obligation to pursue regular therapy. People often need time to decide to get the help they need.
- Your therapist may also refer you to another specialist or connect you with other community-based health care services.
Our Western Wellness Program experts work in specialty and general practices throughout the Pittsburgh area. UPMC care coordinators will help you find the most convenient location near you. Most insurance plans are accepted.
To Schedule an Appointment
For adults age 18 and older
Visits are also available at the Western Wellness Clinic.
Western Wellness Clinic
4415 Fifth Ave., Suite 160
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Services for Children and Adolescents
Behavioral and emotional problems in children and adolescents are common, and they can affect the entire family. The UPMC Western Wellness Program for Kids offers a family-centered approach on concerns such as:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Our team of trained professionals work with you and your family to:
- Understand your concerns and your child's behavioral health needs.
- Provide helpful education and resources.
- Offer treatment recommendations and access to additional services.
- Our solution-focused treatment options include:
- Behavioral health assessments.
- Individual therapy.
- Parent child interaction therapy (PCIT).
- Group therapy.
- Psychiatry services.
- Care coordination.
Some children and adolescents benefit from more frequent and specialized services. If your therapist suggests other services, our team can provide recommendations and support.
Locations for Child and Adolescent Services
UPMC Outpatient Center
969 Greentree Road, Suite 310
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Children's Pine Center
11279 Perry Highway, Suite 204
Wexford, PA 15090
UPMC Western Wellness Program for Kids services are offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Extended evening hours are available at some locations. Primary therapy sessions are covered by most insurance.
Call 412-246-5811 to make an appointment.