To help prevent heart and blood vessel diseases, UPMC formed the Community Outreach and Cardiovascular Health (COACH) Program.
COACH's heart health experts work with the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute Diversity Council to offer these heart-healthy resources:
Resources for providers
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute's Clinical Biostatistics Core supports heart and CT surgery researchers by providing high-quality data collection and analysis.
McKeesport Community Day
Join experts from UPMC for a blood pressure and cholesterol screening and an "Ask the Expert" educational session.
Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
Place: McKeesport Senior High School
Cardiovascular Experts in the Heart of Your Community
UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute educators can speak at your school, place of worship, work, or other community groups.
We cover these topics and more:
- Healthy eating and lifestyle.
- Heart disease prevention.
- Heart health disparities.
- Living with heart disease.
- Women's heart disease.
Contact us at 1-855-876-2484 for more on topics, fees, and scheduling.
Meet the UPMC Heart and Vascular Team
Our COACH team includes:
- Kathryn Berlacher, MD: Director, Magee-Womens Heart Program
- Pam Johnson: Administrative Manager.
- Michael Mathier, MD: Clinical director, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Tim Powell:Unit director, UPMC Presbyterian Cath Lab.
- Tracey Ryan: Vice President, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Our Diversity Council team includes:
- Lisa Holt: Director, Operations.
- A.J. Conrad Smith, MD: Associate chief of cardiology for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Division of Cardiology.
- Amber Johnson, MD: Cardiologist.
- Tim Powell: Unit director, UPMC Presbyterian Cath Lab.
- Brittney Moore: Cardiology nurse manager.
Learn more about the Diversity Council.
Other members of our clinical and administrative teams like fellows, nurses, and other specialists also volunteer their time at our programs and events.