Supporting our Patients and Families
All donations are used to impact the lives of local patients and families under our care by meeting needs and opportunities that fall outside the scope of insurance coverage. Past and present Family Hospice grants have provided needed support for the following:
Donate online here
- Emergency utility or fuel costs, medications, air conditioners, and groceries for patients and bereaved family members.
- Bed sheets, neck pillows, hospital gowns, and comfort bags for patients.
- Educational and spiritual care resources for patients and families.
- Outreach to bereaved family members, including special support for widows and widowers.
- Quality of life opportunities, such as a special meal at a restaurant to celebrate an anniversary.
- “We Honor Veterans” recognition for patients who have served in the military.
If you are a family member whose loved one was in the care of Family Hospice, you can choose to honor that person’s life by asking for memorial gifts to benefit Family Hospice. All donations benefit future patients and families in our community.
Here is a brief statement that can be included in your loved one’s obituary:
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Family Hospice, 20 Sheraton Drive, Altoona, PA 16601 or https://tiny.cc/FHmemorial.
For more information about making a gift, including naming Family Hospice in a will or estate plan, please contact:
Director of Development/Marketing and Communications
Lights of Love
Lights of Love is a tribute event that takes place each year during the holiday season. For those whose loved ones have passed away, the holidays can be a time of marked sadness.
Remembering our loved ones and including them in our holiday observances keeps them alive in our hearts and celebrates their legacy.
Lights of Love invites you to “shine your own special light” in honor or memory of someone dear to you. Trees are lit in Altoona and Ebensburg with white lights to represent our Family Hospice program and blue lights to represent grief services for children, adults, and families.
All gifts benefit Family Hospice and grief services.
Donate to Lights of Love
All gifts are tax deductible as provided by law. We are a 501c3 nonprofit listed under HNA Foundation Tax ID 25-1467014. The official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.