Forbes Pharmacy of UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital offers outpatient and specialty pharmacy services to meet your needs.
We know that hearing a diagnosis or starting a new medication can be hard. The Forbes Pharmacy team cares about you and your health.
Found in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood, we serve:
- UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital patients.
- UPMC outpatient clinics.
- UPMC and University of Pittsburgh staff and their dependents.
Outpatient Pharmacy Services
- UPMC Rx Express discharge program where prescriptions are filled and delivered to the bedside of patients at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital. This service eases the transition from hospital to home.
- Help with drug costs by working with social workers, care coordinators, and other health care providers.
- Automated pick-up and refill reminders via phone or text.
- Clozapine dispensing and lab monitoring.
- Medication Adherence “Pillbox” Dispensing Program.
- Adult vaccines.
- Mental health medication programs.
- UPMC staff insured by UPMC Health Plan are eligible for 90-day supply of maintenance medications for two copayments.
Our on-site pharmacists provide:
- Complete medication therapy management services, including pharmacist counseling and working with providers to resolve drug problems and help with medication needs.
- Disease state education.
- Lifestyle modification counseling-diet, exercise, and smoking cessation.
Specialty Services at Forbes Pharmacy
To give you the highest quality of care, our specialty pharmacy staff:
- Has special knowledge about complex health conditions and the required skills for working with your care providers and insurance company.
- Works with your care team to help manage your drug therapy.
Specialty pharmacy services
Our specialty pharmacy services include:
- Access to the latest medications for treating complex health conditions.
- Working with insurance companies to get medication prior authorizations.
- Patient access to staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address urgent needs.
- Patient training and management program.
The patient management program at Forbes pharmacy
This program can help you:
- Manage any treatment side effects.
- Adhere to your treatment plan and drug therapy.
- Improve your overall health.
You can opt out of the program at any time.
New and advanced drugs
We provide advanced medications for treating chronic, rare, or complex health problems such as:
- Mental health issues.
- Substance use disorders.
- Liver conditions.
- Infectious diseases.
Forbes Specialty Pharmacy forms for patients
Provider drug referral forms