Our health care team is committed to professional and compassionate patient care. Our goal is to make your visit with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
To streamline the registration process and minimize your wait time, we ask you prepare for your visit by bringing the following:
- Your insurance card
- Any necessary insurance referrals (Gateway and Unison)
- Claim number and contact information for any workers compensation, auto, or personal injury case
- A list of the medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are taking, including dosage
- Medical history information, including previous surgeries, chronic conditions, and allergies
- Primary care or family doctor name, address, and phone number
- Referring physician name, address, and phone number. (This may be your family doctor or another specialist.)
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a consent for treatment. Insurance co-pays or consult fees are due at the time of check-in.
During The Office Visit
The physician will review your medical history and examine you. It is helpful to have your concerns and questions written down. A treatment plan, including risks and benefits, will be discussed. Pictures may be necessary for obtaining insurance preauthorization for surgical procedures. Our staff will guide you if blood work or diagnostic testing is ordered. A surgical date may be selected at the time of your office visit. A staff member will coordinate the insurance preauthorization and hospital reservation.
Cancelling An Appointment
Please notify the office as soon as possible if you must change your appointment. This courtesy enables our schedules to remain accommodating.
We are here to help with your billing questions and concerns. Please call UPMC Patient Financial Services Center or UPMC Customer Service or visit our Paying My Bill site to learn more about the services we offer, such as payment plans, price estimates, and Financial Assistance.
- UPMC Patient Financial Services Center: 1-800-371-8359
- UPMC Customer Service: 1-844-591-5949
Travel to Pittsburgh
For our traveling patients, at UPMC we take care of you every step of the way, from your first consultation to your postsurgical follow-up care. Learn more about accommodations for patients traveling to Pittsburgh.