UPMC Primary Care - Plus a Whole Lot More
UPMC patients continue to visit their regular internal medicine or family medicine doctor. But now, patients also have access to an expanded care team comprised of medical professionals who provide specialized care.
How Our Expanded Care Team Works
- To receive specialized services from the expanded care team, your doctor must be part of one of the participating UPMC practices listed below.
- To schedule an appointment with a member of the expanded care team, talk to your personal primary care doctor or staff.
- After scheduling an appointment, your visit with an expanded care team member will take place at one of the three locations listed below.
- For regular primary care treatment, continue to visit your personal primary care doctor at his or her office.
The Expanded Care Team:
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE®)
- Registered Dietitian
- Wellness Guide
- Medical Social Worker
- Behavioral Health Counselor/Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Psychiatrist (only at the Partners in Health-UPMC office)