UPMC patients continue care with their regular internal medicine or family medicine doctor and also have access to an expanded team of medical professionals who provide specialized care.
How Our Expanded Care Team Works
- To receive specialized services your primary care practice must participate with UPMC's expanded care team program.
- To schedule an appointment with a member of the expanded care team, talk to your personal primary care doctor or staff.
- After scheduling an appointment, your visit with an expanded care team member may take place at one at a UPMC office other than your primary care office location.
- You continue to visit your personal family medicine and/or internal medicine doctor for regular primary care.
The Expanded Care Team:
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE®)
- Registered Dietitian
- Wellness Guide
- Medical Social Worker
- Behavioral Health Counselor/Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Psychiatrist (only at the Partners in Health-UPMC office)