8012 Bretz Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17112
- Phone: 717-988-9340
- Fax: 717-231-8656
If you are suffering from chronic or acute pain, look no further than the pain management experts at UPMC Pain Medicine. In addition to offering a full range of pain management options, our medical professionals will work with you to find the source of your discomfort and customize a pain management treatment plan to fit your needs.
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Holidays – Closed on most major holidays, including Martin Luther King Day.
Sudden or persistent pain can result from an injury, illness, surgery—or even from normal daily activity. You can count on the experts at UPMC in Central Pa. to provide comprehensive care and the latest diagnostic services, including provocative discography, lumbar punctures, facet and nerve root injections, and spinal cord stimulation.
After we diagnose the source of your pain, we will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan using the most up-to-date procedures and therapies, including:
- Epidural steroid injections. Commonly used to treat low back and leg pain, these injections deliver steroids directly into the epidural space in the spine to reduce inflammation.
- Radiofrequency lesioning of painful nerves. Used to selectively destroy nerves that carry pain impulses, this procedure can provide long-term pain relief.
- Trigger point injections. Used to treat fibromyalgia, tension headaches and myofascial pain syndrome, trigger point injections deliver medication directly into the focal areas of muscle spasm and inflammation.
- Sympathetic blocks. These treat chronic abdominal pain and regional pain syndrome and block painful impulses from the nerves of the sympathetic nervous system.
- Joint injections. Powerful corticosteroids are delivered directly to the soft tissues and joints to reduce pain and inflammation.
We have experience treating a range of conditions, including:
- Arthritis pain
- Low back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Nerve injuries
- Spinal stenosis
- Chronic pain after surgery
- Tension headaches
Our goal is to relieve, reduce and manage your pain; to improve your overall quality of life and to return you to your everyday activities quickly without a heavy reliance on pain medications.
For more information or to make an appointment, call us at 717-791-2850.