Our Wound and Hyperbaric Centers offer comprehensive wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) to treat chronic wounds and aid in healing. Since opening in 2003 we have overseen more than 81,000 visits, including 14,000 hyperbaric treatments.
Our expert physicians, nurses and technicians are highly trained to provide the latest, most effective wound care for a variety of conditions. Learn more about some of our treatment options and what sets us apart.
Find a provider or location near you
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT)
HBOT was originally used to treat scuba divers suffering from decompression sickness. Extensive testing has shown that HBOT is also highly effective in providing increased oxygen to the tissues in your body, resulting in new tissue growth and healing.
Our specialists use this technology to help accelerate the healing of persistent and serious wounds.
The physicians at the UPMC Wound and Hyperbaric Centers will consult with other physicians such as infectious disease, surgical optimization, etc. to provide the best overall care plan to meet your needs. Your care team will communicate with your referring physician about your treatment to ensure that you receive the right ongoing care.
Because the science and technology of wound care advances almost daily, the UPMC Wound and Hyperbaric Centers place an emphasis on continuing education for our staff. We also conduct educational outreach to keep our referring physicians and nursing groups abreast of the latest developments and treatment protocols in wound care.
What sets us apart?
- The UPMC Wound Care Center is accredited with Distinction by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (only center in PA).
- The UPMC Wound Care Center is the only wound center in Central PA with three physicians who are board certified in hyperbaric medicine and one who is fellowship trained in HBOT.
- Healing rate of the UPMC Wound Care Center is 98.5 percent validated among 800 centers nationally.
- Patient satisfaction scores consistently rank as 97 percent positive.
Need more information?
Many of our providers offer video visits. Call the office or schedule via your patient portal.
- Carlisle: 717-243-1900
- Hanover: 717-299-3020
- Harrisburg: 717-671-2050
- Lititz: 717-316-6999
- Mechanicsburg: 717-791-2440