We're here to help you better understand your epilepsy.
And we'll give you the best possible care to control your seizures so you can enjoy life.
» To make an appointment or learn more about our epilepsy services, call 833-299-4320.
Download Our Complete Guide to Epilepsy Care (PDF)
Advanced Epilepsy Testing, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Our center uses the most advanced technology for testing and diagnosing epilepsy.
Our goal is to stop your seizures, with medicine being the first line of treatment.
Our team of experts works to make a clear-cut diagnosis and tailor treatment to control your seizures and reduce side effects.
Allow some time to determine if your medications are working. You’ll meet with one of our epileptologists — a neurologist trained in treating epilepsy — if follow-up care shows you need more than an optimized drug plan. They will assess you and decide if surgery is a good option based on the latest standards of care.
We offer the full spectrum of modern surgical techniques for epilepsy, including less invasive and robotic-assisted surgeries.
Why Choose UPMC for Epilepsy Care?
At UPMC, our team of experts includes:
- Neurologists with specialized training in epilepsy (epileptologists).
- Neurosurgeons with expert training in epilepsy surgery.
- Neuroradiologists and nuclear medicine doctors with special expertise.
- Psychologists trained in diagnosing and treating brain-based disorders.
- Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses with many years of caring for people with epilepsy.
- EEG and MEG techs.
Contact the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, call 833-299-4320.
Kaufmann Medical Building
3471 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213