UPMC Imaging Services designed the MRI Certificate Program to provide advanced learning and professional growth to be competitive in today’s market.
Who Should Apply to the MRI Training Program?
- Nuclear medicine techs: R.T(N), CNMT, ARRT NMTCB
- Radiology techs: R.T(R)
- Radiation therapists: R.(T)T
What Are the Required Courses for the MRI Certificate Program?
Self-study courses online:
- ASRT MRI Basics Program: ARRT 16 structured education credits.
- Registry Review MRI MTMI Webinar.
- Mosby’s Registry Review.
MRI Training Program Costs
- Tuition: $2,600
- Self-Study Online Courses: $240 to $1,200
- Review Books: $100
- Trajecsys: $100
How Long Is the MRI Certificate Program?
To meet ARRT requirements, you'll need about 576 total clinical hours over the course of:
- 6 months, full-time.
- 11 months, part-time.
What You Need to Apply
To apply to the MRI Certificate Program, you'll need:
- GPA/College transcripts.
- Application (PDF)
- Three professional reference forms.
- Proof of ARRT Certification
Completion of the MRI Certificate Program
Upon completing the MRI training program course requirements, you will be prepared to take the ARRT MRI exam.
After successful completion of the ARRT exam — if using tuition forgiveness — you'll begin to fulfill the 2-year work commitment at UPMC.
Contact Us About the MRI Training Program
To learn more, contact: