Say yes to the sweet and nutty flavors of these plant-based peanut butter cookies from the UPMC Catering Department.
Each bite offers a perfect balance of rich peanut butter taste and subtle sweetness that lingers on your palate.
Easy to make, these peanut butter cookies are a delightful treat for anyone, vegan or not.
What You Need to Make Plant-Based Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter.2 tsp. pure vanilla extract.
- 6 Tbsp.unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- 1 pinch salt.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla almond milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Using a 1.5 tbs. scoop, scoop out the dough and roll into balls.
- Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 2.5 inches apart.
- Using a fork, make a cross hatch pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes (10 for softer cookies, 13 for crispier ones).
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for service.
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Cookie Nutrition Facts
Portion: 1 serving
- Calories = 144 kcal.
- Carbs = 19.7 gm.
- Protein = 3.5 gm.
- Fat = 6.7 gm.
- % Cal./Fat = 41.6%.
- Chol. = 0 mg.
- Sodium = 132 mg.
- Fiber/Dietary = 0.8 gm.
- Calcium = 16 mg.