Our new, state-of-the art facility provides primary medical care and services for people of all ages –under one roof. Our new Family Health Center includes:
- 12 Private exam rooms
- Family lounge area includes a cheerful “Kids Corner”
- Behavioral Health rooms
- Sunshine Place – this multipurpose room is for community meetings and health education events, clinical care, classes for medical students and residents, pharmacy residents and fellows, social workers and social work students. The room is equipped with whiteboard and powerpoint projection capacity.
- Break room connects to Sunshine Place and provides access to food prep area
- Residents’ room for family medicine residents, medical students, and pharmacy residents/fellows
- Onsite laboratory
UPMC St. Margaret Family Health Center has provided comprehensive care for New Kensington residents for more than 20 years. Our primary focus is on preventive care and keeping our patients healthy. Our family medicine doctors, residents, specialists, and staff offer medical care, services, and programs for every member of the family.
Monday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to Noon
To schedule an appointment, call the health center during office hours at 724-334-3640. Briefly explain the reason for the appointment to the scheduler. Most appointments can be scheduled to accommodate patients’ needs.
If you must change your appointment, call us before your scheduled appointment time. This courtesy allows us to schedule another patient for care. The scheduler can reschedule your appointment at that time.
- Primary medical care for patients of all ages
- Behavioral health services, including:
- Grief support
- Medication for Opiate Use Disorder (MOUD)
- Postpartum depression
- Psychiatric consults
- Dental care referrals
- Diabetes education and treatment
- Family planning
- Gynecologic services
- Health education classes
- Health screenings
- Hearing and vision testing
- Lab services, including blood draws, throat and urine cultures, and blood glucose tests
- Medication consultations with clinical pharmacists
- Nurse visits, including blood pressure checks and forms for “Women, Infants and Children” (WIC) programs
- Nutrition consultations
- Obstetric and prenatal care
- Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy (OMT)
- Physicals for school, work, and driver’s license
- Social work services
- Sports medicine and treatment for minor injuries, including fractures
- Treatment for skin problems, including minor skin surgery and stitches
- Well-child checkups, immunizations, and sick visits
Features and Amenities
- Assistance available for those without insurance
- Free parking
- Most insurance accepted
- New and convenient location near public transportation
- Same-day appointments are available
MyUPMC is a free online tool — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — enabling patients to manage their health care online more conveniently and effectively.
MyUPMC allows you to:
- Communicate with your UPMC provider
- Have online medical visits
- Manage your family's health
- Renew your prescriptions
- Request or schedule appointments
- See your lab results
- View your medical records
To sign up for MyUPMC, visit the MyUPMC website.