Since the 1960s, the Matilda H. Theiss Health Center has provided comprehensive primary medical care for individuals and family members of all ages.
Our services include:
- Adult, young adult, children, and infant medical care
- Behavioral health services, including counseling with our on-site licensed clinical social worker and instituted Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for substance abuse treatment.
- EKG’s, joint injections, and spirometry (breathing) testing
- Geriatric care
- Gynecology and family planning services: Birth Control (including IUD, Depo-provera, and Nexplanon), Colposcopies, PAP Smears, STD Testing, and Adagio Health Family planning services for individuals who are low-income, uninsured, or underinsured.
- Health screenings
- Hearing and vision testing
- Lab services, including blood draw, blood glucose tests, throat cultures, and urine cultures.
- LGBTQ care
- Nurse visits, including blood pressure checks, immunizations, testing for TB, etc.
- On-Site nutritionist and social worker
- Pediatric care, starting at age 0, including well-child checkups, immunizations, and sick visits
- Pharmacy services, including medication refills, smoking cessation, diabetes management, anticoagulation management, etc.
- Prenatal care for expectant moms
- Primary care for acute and chronic conditions.
- Skin care services, including abscess drainage, biopsies, mole removal, warts, acne treatment, etc.
- Vaccine for Children Site: this federally funded program provides vaccinations for children who do not have health insurance or who are insured but the insurance does not cover immunizations (underinsured).
UPMC Matilda Theiss Health Center is a teaching site for the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine first- and third-year medical students. In addition, family medicine residents from UPMC St. Margaret, UPMC Shadyside, and UPMC McKeesport work at the practice while completing community health rotations.