Opioid addiction is a chronic disease that can be managed and treated successfully. UPMC Magee Recovery Services helps women with OUD by:
- Providing medicine-assisted treatment (MAT) to help prevent withdrawal
- Helping pregnant women prevent withdrawal symptoms for themselves and their babies
- Helping pregnant women minimize their baby’s exposure to illicit substances while in utero
- Engaging women and new mothers to take the lead in their own recovery
Our Care Team
Our staff members come from a variety of disciplines to give patients a comprehensive support system while they are in our programs. You may see a combination of professionals through our programs, including:
- Nurses who monitor your health
- Physicians who prescribe the MAT medications to support your recovery
- Certified nurse practitioners who prescribe MAT medications and help keep you healthy
- Administrative assistants to help schedule and navigate your appointments
- Certified recovery specialists who cover both recovery paths
- Social workers who help connect you with services within your community
To be admitted to any of our programs, come to the emergency department at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital. For more information, please call 412-641-1211.
Frequently Asked Questions About Substance Abuse Services
Learn more about frequently asked questions relating to recovery services and affects it may have on your baby.