- Anyone can be a potential donor, regardless of age, race or medical history.
- More than 7,000 patients in Pennsylvania are awaiting life-saving organ transplants. Thousands of others could benefit from healing tissue transplants.
- Kidneys are the organ in greatest demand—with an estimated 95,000 people across the nation awaiting one—followed by liver, heart and lungs.
- Because conditions such as diabetes and hypertension often are more prevalent in the multicultural community, these individuals make up more than 50 percent of those on the national organ transplant list.
- Living donation is an option for kidney and liver transplantation—and UPMC is the nation’s leading center for living-donor liver transplants.
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
3 p.m., Friday, March 29, hospital main lobby and outdoor flagpole, UPMC Children’s.
- UPMC Susquehanna Soldiers + Sailors Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
9 a.m., Monday, April 1, UPMC Susquehanna Soldiers + Sailors.
- UPMC Presbyterian Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
11 a.m., Tuesday, April 2, LHAS Auditorium, UPMC Montefiore.
- UPMC St. Margaret Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
1:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 3, UPMC St. Margaret.
- UPMC Hamot Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
10 a.m., Thursday, April 4, UPMC Hamot.
- UPMC Mercy Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
1 p.m., Friday, April 5, LHAS Auditorium, UPMC Montefiore.
- Dash to Donate 5K
Sunday, April 7, Registration – 7:30 a.m. | Race begins – 8:30 a.m., Presque Isle State Park.
Join UPMC Hamot Transplant Services and Hamot Health Foundation to raise awareness for organ donation.
- UPMC Passavant – Cranberry Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
10 a.m., Monday, April 8, UPMC Passavant – Cranberry.
- UPMC Shadyside Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
10 a.m., Tuesday, April 9, UPMC Shadyside.
- UPMC Passavant – McCandless Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
10 a.m., Wednesday, April 10, UPMC Passavant - McCandless.
- UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
2 p.m., Thursday, April 11, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
- National Donate Life Blue and Green Day
Friday, April 12.
Staff throughout UPMC hospitals will wear blue and green to support organ donation.
- UPMC East Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
11:30 a.m., Friday, April 12, UPMC East.
- UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
Noon, Friday, April 12, UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport.
- UPMC McKeesport Donate Life Flag-Raising Ceremony
2 p.m., Friday, April 12, UPMC McKeesport.
- Living Donor Celebration
10 a.m., Saturday, April 13, LHAS Auditorium, UPMC Montefiore.
- UPMC Celebration of Life Program
1 p.m., Friday, April 26, LHAS Auditorium, UPMC Montefiore.
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Patient Parade
10 a.m., Saturday, April 27, Eat’n Park Atrium, UPMC Children’s.
Event to include first-ever mascot dance-off.
Note to Media: To cover any of the events during Donate Life Month, prearrangements must be made by contacting Lawerence Synett at 412-647-9816 or SynettL@upmc.edu.