Text Messaging Risks and Your Responsibility
At the discretion of UPMC, its staff, physicians, and agents (UPMC) and upon your agreement to the terms outlined, you may use text messages (SMS/MMS) to communicate with UPMC. These messages may contain your personal health information. If you decide to use text messages to communicate with UPMC, you should be aware of the following risks and your responsibilities:
- You consent to communicate by text messages by opt-in to the mobile phone number you provided to UPMC.
- Text HBEATS to 91939 to join UPMC HealthBeats. 4msgs/mo. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
- UPMC does not have a separate charge for this service; however, message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. Subject to the terms and conditions of your mobile carrier, you may receive text messages sent to your mobile phone. UPMC does not warrant that your mobile carrier will enable your participation in this service.
- By providing your consent to participate in this program, you approve any charges from your mobile carrier relating to text messages to or from UPMC. Charges for text messages may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance.
- UPMC reserves the right to terminate this text service, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays. You are responsible for managing the types of texts you receive.
- For UPMC HealthBeats: If you have any questions or need help, text HELP to 91939 or call 1-800-533-8762. To discontinue receiving text messages from UPMC HealthBeats, text STOP to 91939.
- By enrolling in this subscription program, you consent that following such a request to unsubscribe, you will receive one (1) final message from UPMC confirming that you have been inactivated in our system. Following such confirmation message, no additional text messages will be sent unless you re-activate your subscription.
- You must be 18 years old to be eligible to use the service. By opting-in to communicate with UPMC by text participate in a Campaign Text or Member Text you are representing that you are at least 18 years of age.
- United States Participating Carriers Include: Compatible carriers include: AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Alltel, U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, MetroPCS, ACS/Alaska, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial Wireless, Cox Communications, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, GCI, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Rural Cellular Corporation, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, West Central (WCC), Cellcom, Cellsouth, Cricket, Cincinnati Bell and Virgin Mobile.
*T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Text Messages (SMS/MMS) Privacy Statement
- The provisions of the UPMC’s relevant Privacy Statement are hereby made applicable to communications to or from UPMC by text messages. Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organization like UPMC. We are based in the United States of America. Our principal activity is the delivery of health care services.
- Our Privacy Statement covers the UPMC, its subsidiaries and any of its online services accessible via the primary online services listed below:
Organization Name: UPMC
Address: 200 Lothrop St.
City, Zip: Pittsburgh, 15213
Primary online services: www.upmc.com; www.chp.edu; hillman.upmc.com; www.upmccancercenter.com; www.altoonaregional.org