- 1 tsp organic, non-GMO canola oil (or you can use grapeseed oil, or olive oil)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1.5 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 16 oz package steamed lentils
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (use about 1 tsp per serving)
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (use about 1 Tbsp per serving)
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 210
- Carbs: 35 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Sodium: 552 mg
- Sugar: 8 g
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil to pan, add onion, saute 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, saute 1 minute. Add curry powder and cayenne pepper, cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add broth, vinegar and lentils. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
Take an immersion blender and blend the lentil mixture. Add in spinach, salt, and pepper to the pot, stir until spinach wilts.
Stir in 2 Tbsp cilantro. Serve with yogurt and remaining cilantro.
Kindly Submitted by “The Picky Eater”
Return to Suggested Recipes for Post Bariatric Surgery - Phase 3: Adaptive or Soft Diet