Bariatric Surgery Resources, Information, and Help
Explore UPMC's various resources on bariatric surgery information listed below. Calculate your BMI, watch a webcast, or learn more about the UPMC bariatric surgery program.
- BMI Calculator - Learn why Body Mass Index (BMI) is important, how it's calculated, and what the numbers mean. Then calculate your own BMI.
- Bariatric Surgery Webcast - View our informational webcast about taking the first step toward improved health.
- Information Sessions - Attend a free information session to learn about the health benefits of bariatric surgery, surgical options for weight loss, and much more.
- Presurgical Lifestyle Program - Build lifestyle skills before and after bariatric surgery through this six-month program.
- Bariatric Diet Resource - Following surgery, you will be asked to follow a five-phase, post-bariatric surgery diet plan designed to help your body adapt to healthier eating habits. Click here to use our tool to help do just that.
- Weight Loss Research - See what researchers at UPMC are discovering about obesity, metabolism, and weight loss surgery.
- FAQs About Bariatric Surgery - Find answers to your questions about the risks and benefits of bariatric surgery, recovery times, and more.
- In the News - Browse these news articles to read the latest headlines on bariatric surgery at UPMC.
- Online Resources - Visit online educational resources about weight loss and bariatric surgery.
- UPMC HealthBeat - Find healthy tips to help you improve your nutrition and diet. Learn about fitness and exercise and discover general health and wellness guides as well.