- 4 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta
- Servings: 24 small muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 98
- Carbs: 13 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Sugar: 0 g
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. You may also use cupcake liners if desired.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and milk.
In another smaller bowl, whisk flour with baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in quinoa.
Pour this mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over-mix.
Add peas, spinach, dill, zucchini and feta. Stir until just combined.
Scoop into prepared muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in a muffin.
Kindly Submitted by “Rachel Cooks”
Return to Suggested Recipes for Post Bariatric Surgery - Phase 3: Adaptive or Soft Diet