- 1 ½ lbs. cubed lamb stew meat
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/4 cups low sodium beef stock
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots, soaked in warm water until plump and chopped into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Tabasco
- Servings: 6
- Serving Size: 1 serving of stew
- Calories: 300
- Carbs: 25 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Sugar: 16 g
Sear lamb in sauté pan with oil until browned.
Add onions and garlic and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Add cinnamon and saffron and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in flour, stir to combine. Add in stock and apricots and simmer for 1 hour until meat is tender.
Remove cinnamon stick. Season with salt and pepper and Tabasco and serve over couscous.
Kindly Submitted by “The Everything Post-Weight Loss Cookbook”
Return to Suggested Recipes for Post Bariatric Surgery - Phase 4: Stabilization Diet