In this MBSR Fundamentals 8-week course you will study the curriculum, program flow, and contextual and theoretical background of MBSR. Attitudes and skills of the teacher, language, principles, pedagogical methods and examining how to engage participants in an exploration of their own lives are observed, investigated, and practiced. This course is part of the MBSR Teacher Education Pathway of the UMass Center for Mindfulness Oasis Institute
In this 8-week program students:
- Attend all sessions as a participant/observer of an MBSR program (includes orientation, all 8-week sessions plus the All-Day session).
- Participate in a concurrent 8-week professional training.
This is an intensive course! Attendance at all MBSR classes and seminars is required, in addition to the MBSR Class ongoing practice assignments between classes, there are readings, journaling and other assignments.
Competencies after completion:
- Deepen personal MBSR-based mindfulness meditation practice.
- Demonstrate an increased capacity for authentic self-awareness and expression as a person and as a teacher.
- Recognize, appraise and develop competence in ethos, structure, and content of MBSR course
- Offer introductory and informational sessions based on MBSR
In order to be qualified participate in this course:
- Have attended a MBSR 8-week class in the past.
- Currently practicing meditation for at least a year.
- Attended a >/= 5-day silent, teacher-led retreat
Next Session TBD