In this MBSR Fundamentals 10-session program you will study the curriculum, program flow, and contextual and theoretical background of MBSR. Attitudes and skills of the teacher, language, principles, pedagogical methods and examining how to engage participants in an exploration of their own lives are observed, investigated, and practiced. This course is part of the MBSR Teacher Education Pathway of the UMass Center for Mindfulness Oasis Institute.
In this 10-week program, students will:
- Attend all sessions as a participant/observer of an MBSR program (includes orientation, all 10-week sessions plus the all-day session).
- Participate in a concurrent 10-week professional training.
Commitment is required.
This is an intensive course. Attendance at all MBSR classes and seminars is required, in addition to the MBSR class and ongoing practice assignments between classes, there are readings, journaling, and other assignments.
Competencies after completion:
- Deepen personal MBSR-based mindfulness meditation practice
- Demonstrate an increased capacity for authentic self-awareness and expression as a person and as a teacher
- Recognize, appraise and develop competence in ethos, structure, and content of MBSR course
- Offer introductory and informational sessions based on MBSR
In order to be qualified participate in this course, you must:
- Have attended a MBSR 8-week class in the past
- Currently be practicing meditation for at least a year
- Attended a 5-day silent, teacher-led retreat
Seminar is on hold until Summer 2020, however, if you are interested and qualified, please complete the application and submit to Carol M. Greco, PhD, at email@example.com or you can contact her at 412-623-6873, for additional questions regarding the seminar.