Your kidneys are a vital part of your life and health. So, living with kidney disease or damage may leave you feeling overwhelmed or in pain.
But you have hope at the UPMC Kidney Disease Center.
We will work with you to find a reversible cause of your kidney disease or slow its progression.
Our expert team treats all types of kidney conditions. We also partner with specialists in children's kidney disease, kidney transplant, urology, and endocrinology.
This means we can provide you with complete care no matter the stage or cause of your illness.
Conditions We Treat
At the UPMC Kidney Disease Center, we treat the full range of kidney diseases, including:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- End-stage kidney disease
- Kidney infection
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Glomerular disease:
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Interstitial kidney disease
- High blood pressure linked to kidney disease (complex hypertension):
- Early onset (before the age of 30) high blood pressure
- Hypertension resistant to drugs
- High blood pressure paired with an electrolyte disorder
- Inherited forms of hypertension
- Electrolyte disorders that affect the body's levels of:
- Calcium (hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia)
- Magnesium (hypermagnesemia and hypomangesemia)
- Phosphorus (hyperphosphatemia and hypophosphatemia)
- Potassium (hyperkalemia and hypokalemia)
- Sodium (hypernatremia and hyponatremia)
- Inherited kidney diseases:
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Von-Hippel Lindau syndrome
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Fabry's disease and other storage disorders
- Genetic glomerular diseases, including Alport syndrome and thin basement membrane disease
- Genetic electrolyte and blood pressure disorders including Gitleman, Bartter, and Liddle syndromes
- Frequent or severe kidney stones
- Systemic lupus erythematosus with kidney disease - partnering with the Lupus Center of Excellence
- Care before, during and after transplant
- Kidney complications due to cancer or cancer treatment
Contact the UPMC Kidney Disease Center
To make an appointment with one of our experts, call 412-802-3043 or fill out our online form.