A shadower is a person who wishes to observe therapy programs to determine if he/she/they would like to further their education in this field. Duration is 5 to 6 hours maximum and is a one-time event.
An observer is a person who is in need of observer hours when applying to a college therapy program. Duration is up to 20 hours over two to three weeks.
Perks of Shadowing/Observing
- Helping others
- Exploring academic and career options
- Gaining valuable experience for future pursuits (applying for college, employment, etc.)
- Forming meaningful relationships
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Complete the online application
- Attend orientation (applicants will be contacted regarding orientation dates)
- Interview with the program coordinator to discuss interests, availability, and possible assignments
The team at UPMC Rehabilitation Institute are experts in outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Please note: not all opportunities listed are available at all times. Opportunities will be discussed in detail during the interview process.
If you have any questions, please contact the volunteer coordinator at CRSVolgistics@upmc.edu.
VicNet is a feature that allows volunteers to check schedules, post service time, receive messages, and much more, anytime and from any device.