Rheumatologists evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with arthritis and all related diseases, including lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. Typically, patients who seek our care have joint pain, swelling and other systemic symptoms.
We clinically evaluate our patients and use appropriate labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies. After a diagnosis is determined, treatment plans are designed that can include medications, both oral and intravenous, as well as appropriate injections. Exercise plans, lifestyle changes, and the onset of arthritis and its symptoms are also discussed.
For more information about rheumatology services at UPMC in north central Pa., call 570-321-2020.
When Should You See a Rheumatologist?
While the onset of arthritis can begin with minor symptoms, over time it can settle into one or more joints and cause chronic pain. We recommend visiting one of our rheumatologists if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Pain in joints, muscles or bones becomes severe or persists for more than a few days
- Swelling of your joints
- Inflammatory arthritis diagnosis — a condition where arthritis is present because of localized joint inflammation.
- Autoimmune disease diagnosis such as lupus or vasculitis — a condition where blood vessels become inflamed, which may cause them to become weakened, stretch, and either increase in size or become narrow — even to the point of closing entirely.
Rheumatology Conditions We Treat at UPMC
Our rheumatologists specialize in treatment for the following conditions:
- Infectious arthritis
- Inflammatory muscle diseases
- Paget’s Disease
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjogren’s disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Arthritis pain can be debilitating and slow a person down. Knowing the risk factors and early warning signs of arthritis can help you overcome discomfort and get a jump-start on feeling better.
Skilled rheumatologists at UPMC offer excellence in care for rheumatology in Williamsport, Mansfield, Pa., and the surrounding areas.
1001 E. 2nd St.
Coudersport, PA 16915
Learn more about UPMC Cole.
UPMC Outpatient Center
24 Cree Dr.
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Learn more about UPMC Outpatient Center.
John M. Wenner Building
1705 Warren Ave.
Williamsport, PA 17701
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The John M. Wenner Building is located at UPMC Williamsport Divine Providence Campus.