You do not need to take any college courses before applying to UPMC Schools of Nursing. You only need a high school diploma or GED.
We provide you with the academic and clinical courses that you need to be a successful nurse.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), is the only admissions test score accepted by the UPMC Schools of Nursing. In order to be considered for admission, you must score proficient, advanced, or exemplary on the TEAS test.
Upon meeting the TEAS qualifications, applicant must submit scores to the Pre-admissions Coordinator.
Pre-Admission Testing Coordinator contact:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Governor Wolf's mandate that all non-essential businesses be closed including post-secondary education institutions, all of the TEAS testing sessions scheduled at the UPMC Schools of Nursing have been cancelled until further notice. Please contact Roberta Mutinelli at 412-623-2376 should you have any questions.
The prospective student will have the option to:
- Complete an online application (a link to the portal will be forwarded once TEAS results have been received).
- UPMC Schools of Nursing application form (PDF)
We require all applicants to submit the following transcripts:
- Official High School Transcript (including month, day, and year of graduation)
- GED (General Education Development or General Education Diploma); scores must be included with the GED
- All post-secondary transcripts including college, nursing, vocational, or other schools.
Applicants can submit official electronic transcripts through parchment.com or request transcript to be mailed.
Follow the links below to submit an electronic transcript to:
- UPMC Jameson School of Nursing
- Mercy Hospital School of Nursing
- St. Margaret School of Nursing
- UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing
A transcript request form is included as part of your application
UPMC may award credit for certain coursework you've already completed. See our transfer of credit policy
Complete and gather all the required admission documents and send to the school of your choice.
Due to the ongoing community health concerns, all application deadlines are subject to change.
Our schools have a rolling admission policy. This means you can submit your application far in advance of the deadline for admission consideration. We are currently accepting applications for full time and part time Fall 2020. Applications will be accepted up to the deadline of July 1, 2020 for all campuses. Classes will begin on August 31, 2020.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact UPMC Schools of Nursing.