The Hamot Hospital Association was founded in Erie, Pa. on February 7, 1881. Hamot opened its doors to the public on July 1, 1881. Today UPMC Hamot is a 480-bed tertiary care facility, regional referral hub and Level II Trauma Center.
Supported by an active medical staff of more than 300 members and more than 3,000 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot’s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education. Our superior healthcare services are continually recognized by notable accrediting bodies. Our organization joined UPMC on February 1, 2011.
To access a history of UPMC Hamot, please select a link below: