Finding the right primary care physician is an important, yet sometimes challenging decision.
At UPMC Hamot, our primary care doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners serve more than 110,000 residents of northwest Pennsylvania, western New York, and eastern Ohio.
Our network includes:
Finding a Primary Care Doctor: Things to Consider
You need a doctor whom you can communicate with — one who takes time to listen and fully understands your health care needs.
The following may help you decide on the right primary care doctor for you and your family.
- Is the physician's office convenient to your home, work, or children's school?
- Do the office hours meet your needs?
- Provider preferences:
- Do you prefer your family doctor to be an internist or a family practitioner?
- Do you prefer a male or female physician?
- Are the physician’s credentials — such as medical education, residency, and board certification — important to you?
- Practice size and options:
- Do you prefer a large practice with many doctors or a smaller practice?
- Do you need access to specialty physicians or have any special health concerns?
- What kind of health insurance will you be using?
The Physician Network at UPMC Hamot
To find a primary care physician near you, call 814-877-5678.