Finding the right primary care physician is an important, yet sometimes challenging decision.
Our network includes:
Finding a Primary Care Doctor: Things to Consider
You need a doctor whom you can communicate with — one who takes time to listen and fully understands your health care needs.
The following may help you decide on the right primary care doctor for you and your family.
- Is the physician's office convenient to your home, work, or children's school?
- Do the office hours meet your needs?
- Provider preferences:
- Do you prefer your family doctor to be an internist or a family practitioner?
- Do you prefer a male or female physician?
- Are the physician’s credentials — such as medical education, residency, and board certification — important to you?
- Practice size and options:
- Do you prefer a large practice with many doctors or a smaller practice?
- Do you need access to specialty physicians or have any special health concerns?
- What kind of health insurance will you be using?
The Physician Network at UPMC Hamot
To find a primary care physician near you, call 814-877-5678.
Visit our Health Library