Urogynecology addresses female pelvic floor and bladder issues.
One of the most common issues women face as they age is incontinence, or the loss of bladder or bowel control.
We offer a range of treatment options — both surgical and nonsurgical — to help you overcome pelvic floor problems and feel more confident.
What Causes Pelvic Floor Disorders?
Childbirth can damage or weaken the muscles of the pelvic floor, leading to problems.
Other causes of pelvic floor disorders include:
- Neurologic disorders
Pelvic Floor and Bladder Conditions We Treat
Urogynecologists have special training in treating a broad range of pelvic floor issues, with a deep knowledge of women's unique health needs.
At Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot, we diagnose and treat common and uncommon pelvic floor conditions, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Feelings of urgency or frequent urination
- Fecal incontinence or accidents
- Problems holding or voiding urine
- Chronic UTIs
- Pelvic organ prolapse
Urogynecology Services and Treatments We Offer
At Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot, our ties to UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh means you have access to:
- The largest urogynecology program in western Pennsylvania.
- Leading urogynecology experts who offer in-person consults and treatment weekly in Erie.
- Virtual consults with these experts through telemedicine.
When your doctor refers you to our program, your first appointment will include:
- A consult, where we'll talk about your symptoms and medical history.
- Any testing to help us make the right diagnosis. These may include blood tests, imaging scans, or other tests.
You can receive the latest pelvis floor disorder treatments here in Erie, including:
- Botox shots for overactive bladder
- Vaginal hormone therapy
- Pelvic muscle strength training
- Lifestyle and behavior changes
- Pessary fittings or surgery for prolapse
We can offer you the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques, including robot-assisted surgery, which leave you with:
- Less scarring
- Less pain
- Faster recovery times
Research: Pelvic Floor and Bladder Disorders
UPMC is always conducting research to enhance our knowledge of pelvic floor and bladder disorders and design new treatments. In Erie, you may have the chance to take part in cutting-edge research studies.
Talk to your care team about what studies are available in the area and how you can sign up.
Our Urogynecology Experts
Urogynecologists from Pittsburgh come to UPMC Hamot weekly to provide consults and surgical treatments.
Make an Appointment for Urogynecology Care
Call 814-877-8950 to make an appointment at Magee-Womens Specialty Services at UPMC Hamot.