If your fertility is at risk, we can help preserve and — when you're ready — restore your ability to have your own child.
The UPMC Magee Center for Reproduction and Transplantation (CRT) is a national leader in cutting-edge fertility treatments.
Comprising the CRT are the UPMC Fertility Preservation Program and the Andrology and Fertility Preservation Laboratory.
We care for men, women, and children as they:
- Go through cancer treatment.
- Take autoimmune drugs.
- Have differences in sexual development (DSD).
- Deploy for military service.
- Prepare for age-related infertility.
We care for LGBTQIA+ adults and children as they:
- Start treatments for gender dysphoria.
- Get ready for gender reassignment treatment.
“Sometimes people ask, 'How many people in the world does infertility really impact?' For me, the only person that matters is the one that walks in today desperately wanting to have a biological child." — Kyle Orwig, PhD, Director, CRT.
Comprehensive Reproductive Health Care
The CRT's team coordinates with the UPMC Men's Health Center and Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology to provide care.
We offer complete reproductive health services under one roof at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital.
This seamless team approach provides groundbreaking care, including expertise in:
- Women's, men's, and children's reproductive health.
- Endocrine and hormone disorders.
- Research to develop next-generation reproductive technologies.
Why Choose the UPMC Magee Center for Reproduction and Transplantation?
- The world's first center approved to offer spermatogonial stem cell transplant and testicular tissue grafting — providing hope for future sperm production.
- One of a few centers in the United States approved to offer ovarian tissue transplant to restore hormone and reproductive function.
- A worldwide referral center for ovarian and testicular tissue freezing for children and adults at risk of infertility.
- A leader in research to find new reproductive technologies and translate them into clinical practice.
The experts at the CRT work closely with doctors and researchers at:
About UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
The CRT is part of UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, one of the nation's leading women's hospitals.
Magee also offers services for men to bring complete reproductive health care under one roof.
Learn more about our reproductive health research
Higher ed and research colleagues who want to learn more about our research can email us at CRT@UPMC.edu.
Make an Appointment at the UPMC Magee Center for Reproduction and Transplantation
You or your doctor can request an appointment by: