Find a Doctor
Browse UPMC doctors and medical professionals to find the care that's right for you. Customize your search by specialty, zip code, last name, and more.
Visit the UPMC Find a Doctor website.
Depending on your procedure, plan to arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to complete registration paperwork.
After completing your paperwork, you can relax in our comfortable waiting areas, some of which offer wireless Internet access.
- The written prescription or referral for your imaging procedure
- A list of your current medications
- Your insurance card and the name and address of your insurance plan or claims payer
- Wear comfortable, easy-to-remove clothing
- For some procedures, you will change into a gown
- Leave jewelry and other valuables at home
The length of your imaging procedure will depend on what type of test you’re having, as well as other factors.
Please ask for this information when scheduling your procedure.
In most cases, our radiologists return reports to your doctor within 24 hours. Occasionally, it may take longer.
Your doctor generally will take a day or two to review the results.
Expect to hear from your doctor within three to five business days of your procedure. If you don’t receive a phone call after five days, call your doctor’s office to ask about your results.