UPMC Northwest in Seneca, Cranberry Township, has 96 private rooms, including 30 that can be converted for semi-private occupancy, yielding as many as 126 beds. A one-story, 28-bed behavioral health building, part of the UPMC Behavioral Health Network, adjoins the hospital via an enclosed walkway. A nine-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and a 16-bed transitional care unit are also located adjacent to the hospital.
Plentiful free parking and four entrances make the facilities readily accessible to patients and visitors. A convenient outpatient diagnostic center is located in the hospital for those who need outpatient laboratory and imaging exams.
State-of-the-art treatment technology equips UPMC Northwest to meet our patients’ health care needs. UPMC Northwest uses innovations such as:
- Electronic Health Record with various applications, including computerized physician order entry, a patient portal, and emergency room automation
- Nurse Server Carts that provide computerized documentation and record keeping as well as a mobile medication cart that allows for positive patient identification for medication administration
- AcuDose medication management system that automates acquisition and dispensing of drugs, making the process safer and faster
- Responder Nurse Call System that uses pocket pagers and wireless phones instead of intercoms and overhead paging
- Translogic Pneumatic Tube System which provides high-speed delivery of medications, lab specimens, and other items throughout the facility
- HALO Infant Protection System that uses electronic ID/security technology to ensure the safety of newborns