For people who have suffered trauma, every second matters. That's why, in 2021, UPMC in north central Pennsylvania became certified as a Level II Trauma Center.
By offering advanced trauma care closer to home, we save lives.
The Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation accredits our Level II Trauma Center. That means we meet standards for timely and quality trauma care — among the highest in the U.S.
What Trauma Services Do We Offer?
Open 24/7, 365 days a year, we offer the full range of trauma care services, including:
- Experts at your bedside within 30 minutes of when you get to the center. This includes brain and spine surgeons, orthopedic trauma surgeons, trauma surgeons, heart surgeons, and others.
- 24/7 operating room. And two large trauma ORs so the severely injured get care right away.
- Imaging scans day and night, including CT and MRI scans.
- An on-site, 28-bed inpatient rehab unit.
Innovative injury prevention programs
Trauma affects people physically, mentally, and emotionally. That's why we also have a team working hard to help prevent serious injuries.
At schools and community events, we:
- Teach people how to install a car seat properly.
- Offer helmet fitting checks.
- Use technology to show the dangers of impaired driving.
Why Choose UPMC Williamsport for Trauma Care?
As the only Level II trauma center in the region, we:
- Serve 12 counties in north central Pa., across 2,500 square miles.
- Take trauma patients who come to us directly and those transferred from other nearby hospitals.
- Are the only hospital-based emergency medical response (EMR) service in the state. This means our paramedics have extra trauma care training and field surgery skills. They work with our on-site staff to ensure seamless patient handovers.
- Have an on-site social worker to support your mental health, addiction, and other needs. And our dedicated nurse makes sure you have a smooth transition from the hospital to home or other care center.
- Also have a trauma coordination team that makes sure we follow rigorous trauma care guidelines and time-to-treatment standards.
Contact Us About Trauma Services at UPMC Williamsport
To learn more about trauma care, call 570-321-1980.
700 High St.
Williamsport, PA 17701
Our Trauma Center is open 24/7, 365 days