If you or a loved one has a sore for 30+ days that hasn't healed, you may have a “chronic, non-healing" wound.
At UPMC's Wound Healing Center, our goals are to improve outcomes and prevent lower limb loss in those with non-healing wounds. We offer care in Williamsport and Coudersport, Pa., and the surrounding areas.
What Causes Chronic, Non-Healing Wounds?
Conditions or treatments that affect the body's normal healing process can turn the simplest wounds into major problems.
- Poor circulation
- Prior radiation treatment
Other causes of chronic wounds include:
Left untreated, these wounds can cause serious health problems like gangrene or even limb loss and may affect your quality of life.
Chronic Wounds We Treat
As a full-service wound healing center, we treat all types of hard-to-heal wounds including:
- Arterial or ischemic ulcers.
- Diabetic foot ulcers.
- Non-healing, post-op wounds.
- Post-radiation ulcers.
- Pressure wounds.
- Venous leg sores.
Your First Visit to UPMC's Wound Healing Center in North Central, Pa.
Your first visit may take up to 90 minutes.
Please bring a list of your current medications and dosage.
The wound healing team will:
- Take a thorough medical history.
- Do a physical exam.
- Attend to your chronic, non-healing wound.
We also may order tests such as:
- Blood draws.
- Blood circulation tests.
- X-rays and other imaging scans.
For appointments at UPMC Williamsport Divine Providence Campus
If you've had any testing on your wound outside of UPMC, ask your provider to fax the test results to 570-326-8551. This will give the wound center care team time to review them before your visit.
Why Choose UPMC in North Central Pa. for Chronic Wound Care?
At UPMC's Wound Healing Center:
- Our mission is to provide expert care to people who suffer from wounds that have failed to heal despite usual treatment.
- Our team of experts has specialized training in advanced wound care and healing.
- We offer a range of advanced wound care treatments including hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).
- We focus on more than just healing your wound. We address overall health issues that affect your ability to heal and work with your PCP on these issues.
Contact Us About Non-Healing Wound Care
To learn more call: