UPMC Addiction Medicine Services
Dependence on alcohol and drugs is a devastating disorder with profound effects on a person’s:
- Physical, emotional, and spiritual health
- Personal and social relationships
- Ability to function at work, school, and in the community
Family members also carry a heavy burden when a loved one has a substance use disorder.
If you or a loved one is battling substance abuse, UPMC Addiction Medicine Services of UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital can help.
Substance Use Disorders We Treat
UPMC Addiction Medicine Services (AMS) offers a wide range of treatment programs for people with all types of substance use disorders, including:
- Cocaine and other stimulants
Addiction and Substance Use Services We Offer
Many programs within AMS treat people who have both substance use and mental health disorders.
Our addiction medicine services include:
- Dual diagnosis inpatient care
- Prevention and education
- Outpatient (ambulatory) medical detoxification and medication-assisted treatments, including:
- Long-acting naltrexone
- Center of Excellence (COE) for Opioid Abuse — the COE offers access for those on Medicaid who have an opioid use problem. Our goal is to decrease barriers for those in need of opioid treatment.
- Alcohol Highway Safety Program (AHSP)
Integrated Co-occurring Outpatient Care
- Center for Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency Program Services (CPCDS) — the CPCDS provides person-centered, recovery-oriented, evidence-based rehab. Staff works with clients (and their caretakers) who have substance use and psychiatric problems and need outpatient assessment and care.
- Narcotic Addiction Treatment Program (NATP)