Executive Physical Basic and Specialized Services
It's a fact that health screenings save lives. Yet, statistics show that most adults do not have these routine exams that reduce their chances of developing heart disease, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses.
Through UPMC's Executive Health Program, your company's executives can receive the following tests and screenings as a standard of their health care program.
Contact UPMC's Executive Health Program to make an appointment or learn more.
Basic Health Services
Overall Health Screenings
Medical History and Physical
- A comprehensive physical to determine general state of health.
- For the initial exam, UPMC specialists in internal medicine evaluate the executive's condition from the medical history and physical exam results.
- Other specialists may participate in the exam, such as:
- A complete blood count, urinalysis, and chemistry profile checks for:
- Low-grade infections
- Liver disease
- Kidney disorders
- A blood lipid test determines the level of risk of atherosclerosis — the potential cause of poor circulation, heart disease, or stroke.
- A fecal occult test checks for possible gastrointestinal bleeding from tumors, polyps, or ulcers.
Sight and Hearing Tests
Visual Acuity and Tonometry Tests
- Determines if the executive needs glasses (or new glasses).
- Tests for color blindness and glaucoma.
- For men: a blood test detects a prostate-specific antigen — a marker for prostate cancer.
- For women:
- A pap smear checks for signs of cervical cancer
- A breast exam
- A mammogram screens for breast cancer
- A nutritionist provides information for a healthy diet.
Body Composition Analysis
- Compares lean body weight with fat weight.
- Consults and assessments for developing a personalized fitness program.
- The assessment measures:
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Body composition
- Muscular strength
Stress Management Consults
- A counselor:
- Discusses the negative health impact of not effectively coping with stress
- Provides information on how to decrease the impact of stress on health
- Researches the medical requirements of foreign countries and guidelines for travel.
- Consults on necessary prescriptions.
- Provides immunizations.
Additional Specialized Health Services
Bone Density Testing
- Determines the presence of bone loss (osteoporosis).
Cardiac Laboratory Panels
- Advanced blood tests (lipo a, homocysteine levels, VAP cholesterol) identify and treat genetically mediated metabolic disorders that contribute to heart and blood vessel disease.
Cardiopulmonary Stress Testing
- Simultaneously evaluates cardiovascular and pulmonary system functions.
- Monitor the body's metabolic activity.
- Allows doctors to make specific recommendations for exercise training and conditioning.
- Noninvasive ultrasound technology:
- Obtains a real-time image of the heart
- Evaluates the function of the heart muscle and valves
- Identifies any structural abnormalities
Electron Beam Computed Tomography (Coronary Artery CT Scan)
- Determines the presence and extent of calcium deposits in the coronary arteries.
- The Executive Health Program conducts this test offsite at a facility in Oakland.
Screening Carotid Duplex
- Studies the carotid arteries of the neck for atherosclerosis and risk of stroke.
- Individual and/or group evaluations and consults provide techniques to quit smoking.