Do you need a mammogram?
What to Know Before You Schedule Your Mammogram Appointment
Before making an appointment for a mammogram:
- Find out if your health insurance plan requires a referral or pre-approval. If so, your doctor will first need to get one from them.
- Your health plan may make you wait one year and a day between mammograms.
Appointment times vary by the type of test you need.
Schedule Your Mammogram Through Your UPMC Patient Portal
- Sign in to your UPMC patient portal account to make your mammogram appointment. It's secure and easy with just a few simple steps!
- No need to call or talk to a live person.
- Choose a date, time, and location that works for you!
Patients can also schedule appointments by phone or through the Find a Doctor website. Call the UPMC Imaging Center location closest to you.
New to UPMC Imaging? New patients should select radiology when scheduling their mammogram online.