The UPMC Palliative and Supportive Institute has compiled a list of helpful resources both local and national that support patients, families, and professionals dealing with serious illnesses.
The groups listed here offer help with practical and financial matters, spiritual and religious concerns, psychological and ethical questions, adjunctive care, and more.
Palliative Care Resources in Western Pennsylvania
National Palliative Care Resources
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine — Organization for physicians dedicated to the advancement of hospice and palliative medicine.
- Caregiver Action Network — Free education, peer support, and resources for family caregivers across the country free.
- Caregiver Champions — Program designed to give caregivers greater balance to their lives.
- The Conversation Project — Dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care.
- ElderWeb — Links to information about health, financing, housing, aging, and other related issues for caregivers, family members, health care providers, and professional advisors.
- End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium — A national initiative dedicated to educating nurses in excellent palliative care.
- EPERC (End of Life/Palliative Education Resource Center) — Scholarly community dedicated to advancing end-of-life care.
- Family Caregiver Alliance — Programs, services, and advocacy for caregivers.
- Get Palliative Care — An introduction to palliative care for patients and caregivers.
- Hospice Foundation of America — End-of-life care resources and information for patients, families, and health care professionals.
- Mesothelioma Support Group — National organization dedicated to increasing the awareness of Mesothelioma.
- National Association for Home Care and Hospice — Advocacy organization for the nation's home care and hospice organizations.
- National Cancer Institute — Accurate, credible cancer information.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization — Resources for individuals and caregivers making decisions regarding end-of-life care
- Today's Caregiver — Information, support, and guidance to help family and professional caregivers cope with the demands of caregiving.