The resident will demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, their families, and professional associates.
- Educates patients and families in postoperative strategies for hand therapy.
- Demonstrates compassion for patients and families with traumatic and congenital hand deformities.
- Provides adequate counseling and informed consent to patients.
- Listens to patients and their families.
- Assimilates data and information provided by hand therapists and other members of the health care team.
- Charts and records accurate information.