At UPMC, our neurology specialists use comprehensive neurodiagnostic tests to diagnose conditions that affect the nervous system.
Why Choose UPMC in Central Pa. for Neurodiagnostic Care?
At UPMC, our specialists, which include neurologists, advanced practitioner (specially trained) providers and neurodiagnostic technicians, use the latest technology to diagnose neurological conditions and develop effective care plans. Our specialists will conduct a complete evaluation of your symptoms and order tests that will provide information about your condition and lead to an accurate diagnosis.
After you receive your diagnosis, our neurology specialists will use your test results to develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your individual condition and symptoms.
Neurodiagnostic Procedures and Treatments
Our specialists use the latest neurodiagnostic technology to provide expert diagnosis and treatment of a full range of neurological conditions. Neurodiagnostic tests include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG). An EEG test uses electrodes attached to your scalp to record the electrical activity of your brain. For your convenience, our specialists perform diagnostic EEG tests in our office.
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU). The EMU brings together specially trained experts in technology and patient care specific to individuals with seizure activity. This inpatient unit at Harrisburg Hospital is designed to evaluate and diagnose seizures in the adult patient population.
- Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies. An electromyogram (EMG) measures the electrical activity of muscles when they're at rest and when they're being used. Nerve conduction studies measure how well and how fast the nerves can send electrical signals.
- Imaging tests. Your doctor may order imaging exams, such as an X-ray, MRI, or CT scan, to check for problems that could be causing your condition.
- Sudomotor testing. Sudomotor testing uses mild electrical stimulation to measure the automatic nerves that control sweating.
Need more information?
Please contact the location below that is most convenient to you.