The skin care specialists at UPMC perform a full range of skin procedures using the latest surgical and nonsurgical skin care techniques.
Your skin is the part of your body most directly exposed to the environment, so it’s no surprise that it can become dry, rough, spotted, wrinkled, reddened, loose, or lined over time. Our skin care specialists, aestheticians, and board-certified plastic surgeons use the most advanced techniques to restore and rejuvenate your skin’s natural beauty.
What Skin Plastic Surgery Procedures are Offered at UPMC in South Central Pa.?
The experienced, highly trained aestheticians and plastic surgeons at UPMC offer a full range of personalized skin procedures. Because there are many different approaches to skin care, your skin care specialist will evaluate your needs and goals before developing your customized skin care plan.
Aesthetic Services. Our licensed aestheticians, Rebecca Valudes, LE, and Caitlin Daly, LE, are proud to offer their expert services to help you achieve your skin care goals. Their services include:
- Obagi Nu-Derm Skin Care. Designed to work from the inside out, the Obagi Nu-Derm System penetrates your skin to replace older, damaged cells with new and vibrant ones. The Obagi Nu-Derm System works to address rough or dry skin, age spots, sunspots, redness, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and skin that has lost elasticity, all in the comfort of your own home.
- ZO Skin Care. A comprehensive skin care program that allows for continuity of treatment between the doctor’s office and the patient’s home, ZO Skin Care uses the most advanced skin therapy technology to make sure that your skin is as beautifully healthy as possible.
- Basic facial with mask. Perfect for all skin types, the basic facial with mask starts with a warm steam facial massage, cleansing, exfoliation, and an individualized mask, followed by hydration, and including a lot of relaxation.
- Enzyme treatment. Coat your skin with enzymes to accelerate the natural exfoliation process of the skin and get rid of dead skin cells. Enzyme treatments promote young cell renewal to visibly diminish scars, stretch marks, aging spots and lines, sun damage, and skin discoloration.
- Anti-aging facial. Rejuvenate mature skin and reduce the visible signs of age through an anti-aging facial. By accelerating cellular renewal, anti-aging facial treatments reverse the skin-damaging effects of free radicals that are found in polluted environments and created by stress and sun exposure, improving your skin’s clarity, texture, elasticity, and overall health.
- Classic relaxing facial. Our expert aestheticians will bring you a sense of well-being and relaxation through a personalized mix of vitamins and serums chosen just for your skin type. The classic relaxing facial includes a skin analysis, cleanse, exfoliation, tone, warm towel compress, and serum. Top it off with a soothing facial massage, cream mask, and moisturizer.
- Hydrating facial. Rehydrate dry skin and restore luster to dull skin with the hydrating facial. An intensive hydration mask helps accelerate your hydration levels, protect your skin from environmental damage, and improve skin tone for a fresher, healthier you.
- Teen facial with extractions. Teenagers experiencing the puberty breakouts that take place with hormone fluctuation can benefit from a custom-tailored, pain-free facial treatment by drawing out impurities, reducing oil levels, and providing balanced hydration. Serum and corrective gel application after extractions provide additional anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits to calm over-reactive skin and ensure your teen has the healthiest skin possible.
- Microdermabrasion. Through gentle, gradual exfoliation of the skin, microdermabrasion restores your natural glow and reduces damage caused by age, sun, or other environmental or hereditary factors. Treat fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, age spots, enlarged pores, and superficial pigmentation on any part of your body.
- SWiCHTMDermal Rejuvenation System. An advanced alternative to chemical peels, the SWiCH Dermal Rejuvenation System activates your natural healing processes and produces a younger, tighter appearance without damaging your skin. Although rejuvenation is clear after just one treatment, a series of treatments every four weeks are recommended for best results.
- Oxygen treatment. Reduce the signs of aging and relieve acne, rosacea, and telangiectasia. After just one use, oxygen treatment leaves you with rejuvenated, firmer, and more radiant skin.
- Microneedling treatment. By stimulating the production of new collagen through controlled, minuscule injury, microneedling improves your skin tone and texture. Microneedling is effective against aging, scarring, stretch marks, and pigmentation from acne and sun damage.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Facials. A PRP facial is a non-invasive and safe rejuvenation treatment using blood plasma from your own body to rejuvenate the skin. The platelets in PRP are nutrient-rich cells that stimulate the regeneration of the underlying structural integrity of your skin. These growth factors work to stimulate the release of the skin’s own stem cells encouraging the skin to create new blood vessels, stimulate new collagen growth, and grow new skin cells.
- PRP Facials are Ideal for treating:
- Sun damaged skin or sun spots
- Wrinkles, fine lines, scars on the face, neck, and hands
- Crepey or sagging skin due to aging
- Crow’s feet or dark circles under the eyes
- Dull, rough, or sallow skin tone and texture
- Acne scarring
- Other benefits of PRP
- Hair loss treatment
- Sexual rejuvenation
- Medical-grade peels. We offer a full range of medical-grade peels, including:
- Obagi Blue Peel®
- Illuminize Peel
- SkinMedica® Vitalize Peel
- Rejuvenize Peel
- The Perfect Peel
- Glytone® Eye & Lip Peel
- Glytone® Neck Peel
- Glytone® Hand Peel
- Glytone® Glycolic 30%–70%
- TCA Strong
- ZO 3 step peel
- Injectables. Injectables are used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and give the face a rejuvenated look. Injectables may also be used to treat other conditions, such as migraine headaches, excessive sweating, and eye and neck muscle spasms. We offer a full range of injectables, including:
- Sculptra® Aesthetic
- Skin Rejuvenation/Laser Treatments (Cynosure Icon Laser):
- Photofacial IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). Treat age spots, sun damage, and rosacea through Photofacial IPL or Photorejuvenation.
- Fractional skin resurfacing (ablative and nonablative). Stimulate your skin’s natural healing process through precise microbeams of laser light for the rapid growth of healthy new tissue and a rejuvenated look.
- Laser vascular lesion removal. Laser removal targets vascular lesions, or blood vessels that can be seen through the skin, and leaves the surrounding skin unharmed while reducing the appearance of lesions.
- Laser hair removal. Selectively target dark, coarse hairs for removal using advanced laser treatments without damaging the surrounding skin.
- DiamondGlow™. Gently resurface the skin with this advanced procedure that simultaneously exfoliates, extracts, and infuses the skin with nourishing serums custom selected for your skin type. It helps to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, roughness and dryness, dark spots and skin discoloration, and dull, congested skin. DiamondGlow™ offers lasting results. It helps make skin look and feel luminous - brighter, smoother, clearer with a more even tone.
Is a Skin Plastic Surgery or Aesthetic Procedure Right for Me?
Before any aesthetic or plastic surgery procedure, your skin care provider will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your specific situation to determine the proper treatment to help you achieve your personal appearance goals.
Your skin care provider will ask you about your health history, your activities, and your desired results. Keep in mind that not everyone is a candidate for all skin plastic surgery or aesthetic procedures. If you are a candidate for plastic surgery or an aesthetic procedure, your skin care provider will create a personalized treatment plan for you.
Your skin care provider will also discuss the risks and benefits of your procedure and will let you know what you can expect before, during, and after the procedure. If you have questions, your skin care provider will take the time to provide you with the education, information, and reassurance you need.
If you decide to proceed, you will meet with a member of our team who will provide pre-procedure instructions and information and assist you with scheduling, payment arrangements, insurance approvals (if applicable), and coordinating your follow-up care, if needed.
For additional information on what to expect, please see our Plastic Surgery FAQ.
Need more information? Call: