If you are a skilled nurse who is committed to providing quality care, UPMC in central Pa. can help you take your career to the next level.
Whether you are a new nurse looking to start your career or an experienced nurse who wants to grow, UPMC in central Pa. has an opportunity for you!
Click to apply for a nursing job!
Nurses with less than six months of acute care experience will be automatically enrolled in the Nurse Residency Program. Planned experiences are designed so you can learn safe nursing practices and receive an additional level of support beyond orientation. Six educational sessions are provided during the first year of practice. Learn more about our Nurse Residency Program .
Shared Decision Making
UPMC in central Pa. uses a shared decision making model to create an ideal work environment that is focused on high quality patient care. It is through collaboration with all disciplines that UPMC in central Pa. nurses have the opportunity to shape the practice of nursing throughout the system.
Shared Decision Making Councils at UPMC in central Pa. include:
- The Practice Council defines, implements, maintains, and improves the standards of nursing practice and delivery of care consistent with established regulatory agencies and professional standards.
Professional Nurse Council
- The Professional Nurse Council supports the UPMC in central Pa. Professional Practice Model by acknowledging the accomplishments of nursing, supporting professional development and promoting a positive image of nursing within the organization and community.
- The Quality Council coordinates, monitors, assesses, and reports the results of nursing sensitive indicators. The council then evaluates these results and provides recommendations that will promote high quality patient outcomes.
- The Leadership Council defines the culture of nursing at UPMC in central Pa. through vision and strategic planning. The council promotes the development of transformational leaders at all levels of nursing by translating new knowledge and innovation into practice.
Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council
- The Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice Council promotes the integration of nursing research into clinical practice within UPMC in central Pa. The council provides a forum for clinical discussion, promotion of evidence-based practice, formation of research projects, and collaboration between nursing staff.
Whether you are interested in caring for pediatrics or geriatrics, or any discipline in between, UPMC in central Pa. can help you reach your fullest potential. In addition to our array of clinical practices, we offer a number of professional opportunities, including the ability to obtain advanced certifications and participate in continuing education.
UPMC in central Pa. employs a number of nursing specialties including:
- Certified Registered Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Certified registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Continuing Education at the Learning Institute
The Employee Education and Development division of the Learning Institute has staff educators and two managers who provide education service our nursing staff.
Additionally, we offer advanced content in cardiovascular nursing and collaborate with the Nursing Department educators for certification review courses in medical surgical, maternal-child and critical care.
Need to access your medical records? We have an app for that.
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today