Friends of Altoona Hospital
Through past efforts of Friends of Altoona Hospital, the lives of many members of our community have been touched.
As we look to the future with optimism, we invite you to join our efforts as we continue to raise funds in support of programs and services to benefit the patients of UPMC Altoona.
Our long-standing record of support demonstrates our commitment to this community. Among the projects we've supported:
- $50,000 donated toward renovation of regional birthing center at UPMC Altoona.
- $100,000 donated to renovate hospital chapel.
- $25,000 donation toward the purchase of a patient simulator.
- Healthy refreshments for Radiation/Oncology patients.
- $15,000 donation for the purchase of two TotaLift Transfer Chairs to help move patients.
- $10,000 donation toward the purchase of MammoPads for the Mammography Department.
- Williamsburg family joins Friends of Altoona Hospital in support of memory boxes given to families who have experienced a neonatal loss between 19 weeks and full term.
- Car seats and bike helmets for Safe Kids Blair County.
- Teaching skeleton for use in the Library.
- Combined donation of $21,719.75 from Friends and the Revealing The Angels Campaign presented to Altoona Regional's Partnership for a Healthy Community-Free Medical Clinic.
- Wheelchairs for the Customer Service Department.
Contact Friends of Altoona Hospital
For more information about Friends of Altoona Hospital, call 814-889-7826.
Join Friends of Altoona Hospital
Complete our application form (PDF) and mail to:
Friends of Altoona Hospital
UPMC Altoona Gift Shop
620 Howard Avenue
Altoona, PA 16601
Please note: Annual memberships are based on the calendar year and are currently for individuals only.
Members of Friends of Altoona Hospital are invited to serve or provide future leadership on the following committees:
- Auditing Committee — Examines the treasurer's book annually and submits the annual audit for Friends of Altoona Hospital and Friends of Altoona Hospital Gift Shops.
- Baby Pictures Committee — Works as liaison to ensure that new parents are provided an opportunity to have their newborn's photograph taken.
- Finance (Budget) Committee — Prepares a spending plan/budget to monitor the receipts and disbursements. This committee receives and reviews periodic financial reports to make recommendations regarding fiscal matters.
- Hospitality Committee — Arranges specific details of social events, to include: identifying location, caterer, desserts, games, decorations, etc.
- Nominating Committee — Recommends eligible candidates for nomination to fill the vacant positions. The members of this committee are not barred from becoming nominees for such positions.
- Program Committee — Secures speakers for meetings. These are generally educational, informative and pertinent to UPMC Altoona operations.
- Scholarship Committee — Reviews and interviews applicants who desire consideration for scholarships offered through Friends.
- Sewing Committee — Makes puppets and other articles deemed suitable and beneficial to patients.
- Ways & Means Committee — Has the authority and responsibility for fund-raising events and related committees activities.
- Health Promotion Committee — Gathers health promotional information from UPMC Altoona departments and from Pennsylvania Association of Healthcare Auxiliaries to promote health awareness among members and the community.
- Legislative Affairs Committee — Keeps members apprised of any legislative events.