Lactation Services at UPMC Altoona
The lactation services staff of UPMC Altoona provides several different services:
- We have board certified lactation consultants, who will provide prenatal information on breastfeeding at a monthly breastfeeding class.
- The lactation consultants see you and your baby in the hospital.
- A support system has been set up to help mothers and babies after they go home from the hospital, including a 24-hour telephone help line and outpatient visits for breastfeeding problems as needed and by appointment, as well as a Breastfeeding Support Group.
View classes and events available for breastfeeding at UPMC Altoona.
Lactation services — 814-889-2557
Breastfeeding Help Line — 814-889-2310
- Michele Thompson, R.N., IBCLC
- Alison Keating, R.N., IBCLC
Breastfeeding Outpatient Visits
Breastfeeding outpatient visits are available for breastfeeding difficulties upon request from the mother, pediatrician, and/or obstetrician. Appointments are needed. Please call for more information.