A message from UPMC Hamot’s Chief Medical Officer, Vice President Medical Affairs, Gregory Beard, DO.
Welcome to UPMC Hamot
UPMC Hamot physicians, who represent more than 40 specialties, strive to deliver superior-quality health care for more than a million patients each year. Our 458 bed, non-profit tertiary care hospital offers a full range of inpatient services, including a multidisciplinary, critical care team, as well as a variety of outpatient services.
In addition, UPMC Hamot is:
- The region’s only certified comprehensive stroke center.
- The first hospital in the nation to use groundbreaking new robotic technology for earlier detection of lung cancer.
- The first and only hospital in the region to offer kidney transplants.
- The first hospital in Erie to perform the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure.
- The region’s only trauma center (level II).
- The only Magnet-recognized hospital for nursing care in northwest Pennsylvania
- The home of Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot, the only free-standing facility dedicated to women’s health in the region.
- Affiliated with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, the region’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The home of six residency and two fellowship programs
The medical staff, which has over 300 highly skilled physicians, alongside dedicated clinicians and staff, allow UPMC Hamot to best serve the patients throughout our community and region. I encourage you to reach out to our recruitment team to start the process of becoming a member of this great team here at UPMC Hamot!
Gregory K. Beard, DO
Chief Medical Officer, Vice President Medical Affairs
As the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania, Erie has an abundance of resources in culture, recreation, and education. Erie and UPMC Hamot overlook Presque Isle Bay and Peninsula, and Lake Erie offers the perfect setting for boating, water skiing, scuba diving, wind surfing, sailing, and fishing. Our close proximity to the Allegheny Mountains affords easy access to Alpine and Nordic skiing.
Cultural offerings include a symphony orchestra, ballet and dance companies, playhouse theatre groups, and the Presque Isle Downs and Casino. Erie is also home to professional baseball, basketball, and ice hockey teams.
For children, Erie offers a planetarium, the Erie Zoo, a Children’s Museum, community parks, an amusement park, and indoor and outdoor water parks.
Erie also has a selection of excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as four local colleges and universities.
Meet Our Physician Recruiter
Elizabeth joined the UPMC Hamot physician recruitment team in 2019, recruiting physicians for UPMC Hamot as well as additional hospitals in UPMC’s northern tier. She started her UPMC career in 2017 as a communications specialist in clinical marketing and community relations. Elizabeth received a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from Kent State University.
Contact Elizabeth: firstname.lastname@example.org or RHS_GLPP_FuturePhys@upmc.edu
Learn more about our open physician opportunities and the Erie commuity by visiting the links below: