Easy access to women's health care is vital at each stage of your life. The experts at Magee-Womens in Erie are here for you.
From routine yearly checkups to specialized treatments, we offer world-class gynecologic care to women in the Erie region.
A Full Range of Gynecology Services
Providers at four of our local outpatient offices care for women in their teen years through menopause.
Common services are:
- Pap tests to prevent cervical cancer or find it early.
- Yearly pelvic exams to check the health of your vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries.
- Family planning including birth control, counseling before pregnancy, and pregnancy tests.
- Treatment and prevention of STDs.
- HPV vaccines to lower your risk of some types of cancer.
- Prenatal health care to help make sure your baby is healthy.
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, with many procedures offered on an outpatient basis (including hysterectomies)
Specialized Gynecology and Women's Health Care
UPMC Magee-Womens also offers:
- Maternal-fetal medicine. Obstetricians with advanced training care for you and your unborn baby if you face a high-risk pregnancy.
- Gynecologic cancer care. Cancer experts from UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital work with your team of doctors to diagnose and treat gynecologic cancers.
- Pelvic floor and bladder care. Specially trained experts assess and treat pelvic floor disorders and bladder problems with surgery and other treatments.
- Fertility and hormone care for women and men. Couples trying to get pregnant for more than six months can meet with fertility experts. They treat infertility and hormone problems in both men and women.
- Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain treatment. Patients with endometriosis and other conditions that cause chronic pelvic pain have access to providers who specialize in medical and surgical treatment for these issues.
Find a Women's Health Doctor Near You