At UPMC Children's Harrisburg, we know that a stay in the hospital can be frightening for young children. That’s why our pediatric specialists work hard to make sure your child is comfortable and well cared for in a child-friendly environment.
New Comprehensive Inpatient Pediatric Unit
UPMC opened a cutting-edge pediatric inpatient unit at UPMC Harrisburg, bringing the nationally ranked care from UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh to families in southcentral Pennsylvania.
- Adding 11 new, private pediatric rooms with rooming in for parents. Each room is designed for universal use, meaning children stay in one room throughout their hospital stay, with the appropriate level of care brought to them. UPMC Children’s Harrisburg is a 30 bed unit.
- Comprehensive care team at UPMC Children’s Harrisburg, with additional support from specialists in Pittsburgh as needed 24/7 through bedside telemedicine, providing real-time consultation with expert specialty care providers.
- Designed with families in mind, the inpatient unit includes age appropriate furniture, activity tables, and computerized interactive displays for toddlers, school-age children, and teens. In addition, a lounge will provide a respite area for parents while their children are in the hospital.
- Dedicated, trained child life specialists will support patients’ psychosocial and developmental needs. This team will work both one-on-one with patients and in group activity areas in coordination with providers and families.
- Delivery of patient education will be on demand at the bedside, allowing parents and caregivers to access information to support their child’s healing and recovery.
- Accessible from a dedicated, secure elevator.
Learn more about UPMC Children’s Hospital, recognized consistently for its clinical, research, educational, and advocacy-related accomplishments, including ranking on the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
Pediatric Services at UPMC in Central Pa.
Learn more about pediatric services at UPMC in Central Pennsylvania.
Donate to Our Unit
The Child Life Department uses play and expressive arts to help meet the developmental, psychosocial, emotional, and educational needs of our patients. These experiences and opportunities can help children to cope and adjust to illness and hospitalization.
UPMC Children's Harrisburg has implemented a contactless donation process. This allows donors to purchase items of greatest need from our wish list and gift registry and they are shipped directly to us from the store. The holidays are one of the busiest times in the hospital and also the most popular time for donating. Items are needed year-round to help support our patients.
If you wish to donate something that is not listed on our registry, please contact Sandy Schreffler at 717-782-5724 or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for thinking of our patients and families at UPMC Children's Harrisburg. Your desire to donate is greatly appreciated.
Connect with the UPMC Central PA Portal app 24/7
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today