At UPMC Children's Harrisburg, we know that a stay in the hospital can be frightening for young children. That’s why our pediatric specialists work hard to make sure your child is comfortable and well cared for in a child-friendly environment.
New Comprehensive Inpatient Pediatric Unit
UPMC opened a cutting-edge pediatric inpatient unit at UPMC Harrisburg, bringing the nationally ranked care from UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh to families in southcentral Pennsylvania.
- Adding 11 new, private pediatric rooms with rooming in for parents. Each room is designed for universal use, meaning children stay in one room throughout their hospital stay, with the appropriate level of care brought to them. UPMC Children’s Harrisburg is a 26 bed unit.
- Comprehensive care team at UPMC Children’s Harrisburg will be supported by specialists in Pittsburgh 24/7 through bedside telemedicine, offering real-time consultation with specialty care providers.
- Designed with families in mind, the inpatient unit includes age appropriate furniture, activity tables, and computerized interactive displays for toddlers, school-age children, and teens. In addition, a lounge will provide a respite area for parents while their children are in the hospital.
- Dedicated, trained child life specialists will support patients’ psychosocial and developmental needs. This team will work both one-on-one with patients and in group activity areas in coordination with providers and families.
- Delivery of patient education will be on demand at the bedside, allowing parents and caregivers to access information to support their child’s healing and recovery.
- Accessible from a dedicated, secure elevator.
Learn more about UPMC Children’s Hospital, recognized consistently for its clinical, research, educational, and advocacy-related accomplishments, including ranking on the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.
Pediatric Services at UPMC in Central Pa.
Learn more about pediatric services at UPMC in Central Pennsylvania.
Donate to Our Unit
Our patients are in need of items to make their stay a little more comfortable. View our Wishlist of items that would help make any children’s stay seem more fun.