Having Surgery at UPMC Horizon
Same Day Surgery
The Same Day Surgery Unit provides surgical and diagnostic procedures on an outpatient or ambulatory basis. Same Day Services and Short Procedure Unit patients are admitted as outpatients to UPMC Horizon, have surgery or other special procedures, and scheduled to be discharged on the same day.
- Pre-admission testing
You may have to complete laboratory studies or other tests in preparation. Your doctor will let you know when you should get tests done and give you any special instructions.
- Preparing for the hospital
If you're scheduled for Same Day Surgery, you're already preregistered and should report to the appropriate registration location in the hospital on the day of the procedure.
Reminders for Same Day Surgery patients:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to fold. We'll provide you with a patient gown.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish, or jewelry.
- Do not bring valuables.
- Bring a list of medications. Or, if requested, bring the medications that you take regularly.
- Bring a lens case if you wear contact lenses.
- Bring a copy of your Advance Directive or Living Will (if you have one).
- Follow any instructions regarding food, drink, and medication, as it may be important for the administration of anesthesia.
110 North Main St.
Greenville, PA 16125
UPMC Horizon–Shenango Valley
2200 Memorial Drive
Farrell, PA 16121
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-533-UPMC or request an appointment online.