The UPMC Horizon Lung Center offers treatments for a variety of lung diseases and conditions. Seamless access to diagnostic testing, sleep studies, and medical and radiation oncology services through the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at UPMC Horizon are all part of one comprehensive program.
If you're seeking treatment for a lung condition, our staff will coordinate your care, whether you need:
- A physician referral from one of our pulmonologists to a thoracic surgeon
- A test at one of our two hospital campuses
- Treatment for lung or esophageal cancer
If you require a higher level of care, our affiliation with the UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center and the UPMC Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, as well as the Lung Transplantation Program, facilitates the transition to a tertiary care facility.
Diseases and Conditions We Treat
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hiatal hernias
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Lung and esophageal cancers
- Sleep apnea
Services We Offer
Services available through the UPMC Horizon Lung Center and UPMC Horizon’s hospital campuses include:
- Pulmonary function tests
- Sleep studies (through the UPMC Horizon Sleep Center)
- Diagnostic imaging
- 64-slice computed tomography (CT)
- PET-CT scanning
In addition, the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at UPMC Horizon provides medical oncology services at the hospital’s Shenango Valley and Greenville campuses, and radiation oncology services at the Shenango Valley campus.
Lung Cancer Screening Program
UPMC Horizon offers low-dose CT scans for lung cancer screening. You may be eligible for a screening if:
- You smoke or were a smoker within the past 15 years
- You are between the ages of 55 and 77
The lung cancer screening program has additional eligibility requirements. Please call the UPMC Horizon Lung Center for more information and to find out if you’re eligible for the screening.
Learn more about the Lung Cancer Screening Program at UPMC.