UPMC Horizon’s otolaryngology staff provides a range of services for a variety of conditions affecting the ears, nose, and throat and an audiology program that focuses on hearing loss treatment and prevention.
- General otolaryngology
- Pediatric surgery
- Sinus surgery
- Nasal surgery
- Thyroid and parotid surgery
- Ear disease
- Allergy testing and treatment
- Assessment and treatment of balance disorders
Hearing loss may be caused by a number of factors, including aging, illness, trauma, or exposure to excessive loud noise. Our dedicated audiology program provides hearing evaluations for both adults and children.
Assessment by our audiologist may be followed by treatment with hearing aids or other amplification devices. The audiology program offers hearing aid evaluations, fittings, dispensing, repair, and reprogramming as well as a loaner hearing aid service. Other assistive listening devices are available, including:
- Bluetooth hearing aid streamers
- Custom earpieces for cellular phones
- Amplified telephones
- Wireless devices for TV listening
- Amplifying/vibrating alarm clocks
- Amplified stethoscopes
- Hearing aid remote controls
Competitive pricing and a 30-day trial period are available for most hearing aids, as well as two-year loss, damage, and repair warranties.
For more information about the audiology program, call 724-962-3210.